I don’t know about you but there have been a few instances in my life where I have decided that I would save some money and attempt something that a professional should handle. I remember the tears in my son’s eyes after a botched hair cut or having to call in reinforcements when some house projects went outside of the scope of my knowledge or skills.
As Calgary Event Planners we are often over looked as professionals, partially because corporate events seem to have fallen on the shoulders of admin assistants, marketing and communications departments. I don’t want to rock the boat and suggest that the events that are being planned by non-planners aren’t working or good for that matter. However, what I will offer is that when you specialize in events you bring a different eye for details to the picture.
Here are a list the reasons I suggest you want a professional planner at the table for your next special event:
- Time – years of experience and a long list of event partners allow Calgary Event Planners to sift through all the details and quickly assess who, what, when and where will work well for your why (event purpose).
- Relationships – years of working with different event partners in various parts of the industry allows your planner to assess which relationships to leverage to create your signature special event.
- Trends – attending special event conferences and belonging to local special event associations allows your event planner to see the latest industry trends in special events. Hiring a planner gives you the opportunity to leverage this knowledge and provide your guests with unique and special experiences, beyond the norm.
- Stress Management – for the past few years Career Cast has listed Event Coordination in its top five most stressful jobs. “The tight deadlines, high expectations of clients and keen attention to detail needed to succeed as an event coordinator” are the reasons it landed it on the list.
- Cost Savings – All of the above lends to cost savings. Understanding what is needed, leveraging relationships to pass along costs savings and ultimately knowing where you can splurge and save to get the biggest bang for your dollar is one of our greatest assets we can pass along to you.