While spring has not quite sprung here in Calgary there are plenty of family friendly events coming up this week.
Here are some that you might want to attend!
Eggstavaganza at the Calgary Zoo
Dates April 14-15, 2017 9:00 am 2:00 pm
Regular admission rates apply
Enjoy the zoo and kids can decorate cookies, make crafts, enjoy entertainment, face painting, bunny races and even cooking demonstrations!
Legendary Easter Hunt – Butterfield Acres
Dates April 14-15, 2017 10:00 am – 1:40 pm
Admission $13.64 Kids / $15.74 Adults
Starting in the Birthday Barn you will hear the legend of the Easter Bunny who will give attendees baskets and get them started on their hunt!
Sunday Brunch options
And there are always Easter Sunday Brunch options happening all over the city on Sunday, April 16th!
Heritage Park at the Wainwright Hotel
Safari Sunday Brunch at The Calgary Zoo
Sunday Brunch at Fort Calgary
Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant
Easter Table Inspiration
Flowers have a way of brightening any space and giving the feeling of spring, even if its not feeling so spring like outside. We are getting inspired by some of these colourful bouquets!
Easter Dessert Inspiration
Easter is a holiday where chocolate is abundant and we love this play on Easter eggs!
Coconut Nutella Macaroon Nests!
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 cup Nutella
- Chocolate Easter Egg Candy (use your favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
- With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.
- Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter
Recipe found at http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/coconut-macaroon-nutella-nests